June 4, 2021
Thank you to all of the McKelvie families and staff who consistently read my weekly updates! I am grateful for all of your support this year. What a year it has been...
I have had two takeaways from last spring and the current school year. One being that continued and consistent book access is imperative, not only during a "regular" year but also during a "pandemic year." SO many of our students used our library and the books, not only to discover and learn, but also to escape to a world different from the world we carefully navigated for over a year. For many of the students, reading provided a sense of comfort. Getting lost in a character's world has provided a simple break from what we have all maneuvered this past year.
Additionally, I have been completely amazed at how resilient our students have been. I continue to be impressed with how well they have adapted to all of the changes we have faced! It has been amazing to watch and talk with them.
Please, please have your child check their Destiny Library account. By now all McKelvie issued library books should be returned. For most homerooms, textbooks should also be off of their accounts. There are a few more homerooms scheduled to return textbooks early next week. Unfortunately, fines will be assessed and bills will be sent home by the end of the week for any outstanding library books or textbooks. I would much rather have all of the books we started the year with than the funds. Thank you for your understanding.
The dates and times for the remote collections of library books, textbooks, and Chromebooks are listed below. Drop off will occur on the Country Road side of the school under the canopy.
Thursday, June 10th from 3:30-4:30This will be my last Library News blog post for this year. However, I want to share the link found HERE to a page dedicated to summer reading! On this page, you will find the dates and times that the McKelvie Library will be open for "Relax and Read" events as well as other resources I feel are valuable. I would love to see our rising 4th through 7th graders this summer. Please take a moment to view this page. Feel free to reach out via email with any questions.
I wish the McKelvie community a wonderful summer! Rest, relax, regroup, and READ. ~Mrs. Cote 📚