December 4, 2020

I hope everyone had a healthy and relaxing five-day vacation! Upon our return, I was able to check in with many of our students and it appears that the break allowed for some much needed pleasure reading! For many of our students, reading is a personal journey and many are using reading for pleasure as an escape during these unprecedented times. For children and adults, books are a form of escapism! 

All of the Draper/Sevilla POD came to the library this week to explore EBSCO's NoveList K-8 Plus! After learning how to utilize and navigate this database, students explored Destiny for read-alikes to their initial search in NoveList K-8 Plus. They also had an opportunity to "book shop" and check out new titles to read and add to their TBR (To be read) piles! Click HERE to see students in the blue Draper/Sevilla cohort reading while maintaing social distancing. I am thrilled that our students are still able to use our school library, both in person and online!

Our school library has sixty six new library books which just arrived today! These will be new print titles for our school library, and I know we will have many excited readers and researchers as they are added to Destiny Discover.

Have an amazing first weekend of December! ~Mrs. Cote 📚


Popular posts from this blog

October 1, 2021

October 5, 2018

October 8, 2021