April 3, 2020

Happy National School Library Month! I hope that you are all continuing to read for pleasure. It is so important that we keep reading during this time of remote learning. Please click HERE to see a LibGuide I have created and will continue to update as we grow as remote learners. Click HERE for a fun raffle for students to participate in! One entry per student per week, please!

Typically, we vote for the NH Great Stone Face Award in the month of April during National Library Week (April 19th-25th, 2020). This voting has been postponed until the month of May. I will provide a link to the ballot when voting is open. Please be sure to read or listen to two or more nominees in preparation for the May vote! Click HERE to go see the Great Stone Face page on the McKelvie Library website.

I want to share a quote with you from Mason Cooley. "Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are." Please find a great electronic read or audiobook using Destiny Discover, the Bedford Public Library, or your favorite book store. It is imperative we keep reading to foster connections; text-to-text, text-to-self, and text-to-world. Connections are so valuable!

Congratulations to our 7th "Search Slip" winner! All of the March "Search Slip" entries were collected and Mrs. Rainville kindly selected one winner! Congratulations to Julia M. in Mrs. Kelly's homeroom! Your gift certificate to get a sweet treat will be mailed to you by Monday.

I want to see your smiles! What are you reading 5th and 6th graders? Click HERE to see last week's blog post. Students, please consider completing a Flipgrid! I promise I will provide video feedback.

Have a great first weekend in April. Get out and play! ~Mrs. Cote 📚

Popular posts from this blog

October 1, 2021

October 8, 2021

February 5, 2021