November 8, 2019
Happy weekend, McKelvie!
Please click HERE to see our ongoing Google Slides presentation of images from the library. I will continue to add to this presentation as the year progresses. Some of the images you may have seen previous week's note and some are unique to this Slides presentation.
Is there a book in a popular series, a new release or a book on a topic we don't have in the McKelvie Library? If so, please have your child(ren) check the Destiny catalog to be sure we do not have the book they are looking to read! If we do not, have them record a Flipgrid video linked to the library site! This link can be found under the "Resources" tab. This is a moderated Flipgrid link where MIS students can record book suggestions. I will take into consideration the title or topic that they are looking to read about based on professional reviews and content. These videos will help drive purchases and collection development. I am excited to watch the student input I receive. As a librarian I strive to provide students with texts they are excited about reading and engaging with by taking into consideration their voices.
There was another "Golden Ticket" located today! Congratulations to Gavin from Mr. Brown's homeroom who found the 7th "Golden Ticket." Click HERE to see Gavin, his ticket, and his prize. There are only 3 remaining!
Thank you to all of the Veterans for your service and sacrifice! Enjoy the day set aside for you and for all those who have given of themselves. ~Mrs. Cote 📚